If you're bored, here's some ideas

  • The Glenn Beck Program on 570 KNRS 9-10 am, 4-7 pm
  • The Sean Hannity Show on KSL 1160 1-4 pm
  • Anderson Cooper 360 on CNN
  • Hannity and Colmes on Fox News
  • "Liberal Fascism" by Jonah Goldberg
  • "An Inconvenient Book" by Glenn Beck

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama becomes our next president

As a conservative I have to say I was quite disappointed as I watched last night. Obama was not a good choice in my eyes to lead our country. I just want to make a few points as to why Obama won. First I want to make clear that I congratulate Barack Obama on his victory. He won and probably ran won of the best campaigns in this country's history. On the flip side as a conservative I find his win not as convincing as some. First off McCain took away 55 million of Obama's votes that is pretty good considering he spent a tenth of the money Obama did. The Obama campaign spent somewhere around 860 million dollars and the McCain camp spent 85 million dollars. Obama was on 36 magazine covers during the election and McCain was on 1. For every time Obama was talked about in a negative way in the news McCain got it six times. I know Obama's win was convincing but on the other hand you have to give some credit to McCain for getting as far as he did with the hand he was dealt. He wasn't even truly the republican choice it just happened that way because Huckabee and Romney split the real conservative vote. I hope the next four years go smooth but I'm not as optimistic as some Americans. Hopefully Obama sticks to his acceptance speech and tries to stay as close to the middle as possible.

2 comments:

Joseph and Amy Katschke said...

I share your view on Obama, I hope he will do well, but I am not optimistic. Very different points of view between this blog and your family blog entry. You know what I am talking about! It is good that friends and family can agree to disagree!

Joseph and Amy Katschke said...

to clarify, not "your blog entry", but "the" entry on the blog